A Medication Review is designed for the pharmacist to meet individually with the patient to accomplish the following:
• Take an overall look at a patient's current medications
• Collect patient-specific information (current health, prescription updates, etc.)
• Upon reviewing the patient's health and other lifestyle information, assess all current medications to identify medication-related problems.
• Identify barriers that may be keeping the patient from taking medications as prescribed.
• Develop a solution to these barriers.